Thursday, September 3, 2015

A whale of a good time with SRM Patterned Vinyl by Cathy


Hi everyone!  Cathy here with you today.  My grand daughter is turning one this September so her mom and I are planning a nautical themed party for her.  Think whales, mermaids and pirates...everything that is big in paper crafting right now.  I wanted to create a couple little treat baskets for her brother and sister, so they feel special on her big day too and SRM's new patterned vinyl was perfect for adding a bit of whimsy to these treat pails.  


I used Patterned Vinyl Chevron Grey for both my treat pail and for my Clear Clover Top Boxes.  The vinyl cuts beautifully and I just used the standard vinyl setting on my Silhouette.  This little whales were small enough to use almost like a sticker eliminating the need for transfer paper...easy peasy.  I just stuck them on and then added a fun googly eye and little vinyl heart in Glossy Permanent Red.  I finished the little pails with bit of grey chevron and red ribbon!


For the Clear Clover Top Boxes, I added fun Swedish Fish candy and the layered some washi tape along with border stickers from SRM'S We've Got Your Border/Birthday.  Super easy to do and really adds some interest to these adorable little treat holders.  And as always, I added my favorite finishing touch Maraschino Baker's Twine to tie the box shut!

Here is a picture with all of the little kiddos goodies for Lumen's big day!  I hope they love them.


Thanks for joining us today at SRM today!  And if you play with SRM patterned vinyl, be sure to share your craftiness with us on our Flickr.