Wednesday, August 5, 2015

{ warm wishes · merry christmas} by Shannon


She's back and we could not be happier!  Shannon Morgan is a SRM All Star:  an artist with a passion for scrapping, card making and now stamping! Welcome back Shannon! So happy to have you on the team again!


Now let's hear from Shannon in her own words…

******

Call me crazy, but I have no problem creating Christmas cards in July or August.

SRM Stickers has so many awesome new products coming to you! I added some of these to my project I'm sharing with you today! 

I created this card using some brand new Jane's Doodles stamps...they are so very fun! I love the way the stamps are so easy to work with, you'll want to pick up all of the new stamps for sure!  This design is called Warm Wishes.

SRM Stickers Blog - { warm wishes · merry christmas} by Shannon - #card #christmas #janesdoodles #lace #warmwishes #stickers #lace #twine


Now let's take a look at this card:

SRM Stickers Blog - { warm wishes · merry christmas} by Shannon - #card #christmas #janesdoodles #lace #warmwishes #stickers #lace #twine

See the white "merry christmas" sentiment?  That's a clear sticker from SRM's MERRY We've Got Your Sticker sheet.  It was perfect for this card. Love the happy scene created by the snowmen, trees and snowflakes combined with washi tape and vellum paper.  And don't forget the twine!  I used Carribbean for this card.  

Want some close ups.. I've got 'em! 

Look behind the snowman...you'll see another new SRM offering...LACE! It was such a light, airy and elegant backdrop for this card...a perfect touch! You can use it so many ways.

SRM Stickers Blog - { warm wishes · merry christmas} by Shannon - #card #christmas #janesdoodles #lace #warmwishes #stickers #lace #twine

Here's the close up of the other snowman and snowflakes. There's another peek at that awesome lace.  Look at the details in these stamps!

SRM Stickers Blog - { warm wishes · merry christmas} by Shannon - #card #christmas #janesdoodles #lace #warmwishes #stickers #lace #twine

These stamps are amazing, I can't say it enough.  I am not the best at stamping, so if I say the stamps are awesome, they truly are. I felt like I had been stamping for a long time! I didn't have to stamp and stamp and stamp to get the perfect image.

FYI… for stamping the images, I used some ombré ink, stamping onto a muted graph pattern paper.  I wanted the card to feel magical and dreamy… I used water color pencils to add some shading to the snowmen and trees, blended with a pain brush dipped in water.  The snowflakes were stamped with ombré ink also.  And the circle "snowballs" were made by taking the tip of an eraser on the ink pad and stamped onto paper. 

Thank you for letting me share with you today! 
Remember...Christmas is only 163 days away! :)

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

very nice card
have a nice day
hugs

~amy~ said...

LOVE Shannon's card...awesome!

Cindy Groh said...

Cute card. Love the scene.