Saturday, December 6, 2014

December Daily by Shannon


Hello!  Shannon Morgan here with a special weekend blog post all about making a December Daily.

Beautiful to look at...ooohing and aahhhing at everyone's delightful creations (except for when you look down at your own desk of chaos), that December Daily Album... it simultaneously creates joy and anxiety in the hearts of paper crafters everywhere! 

Did you know there's really no wrong or right way to create your December Daily? You don't have to document everyday...notice I started with the 2nd? You don't have to have amazingly perfect pages...the point of the December Daily is to create memories for your family...don't forget the true reality of what the DD is. Don't fall prey to comparison, do it your own way. ❤

I'm sharing with you today my December Daily page for 12.2.2014...it's perfectly imperfect. 

I have an odd sized December Daily album this year, but it's ok, it challenges me to scrap in a new way. 

I began with a misted card stock base. The fun part? You can use things from your December experiences and ventures to add directly to your pages...I'm sure you can figure out what this page is going to be about! You'll find SRM We've Got Your Sticker/Merry along the lefthand side, an embossed glassine bag (Chevron 4.75" X 6.75") and We've Got Your Number Extra Large Black to get this page started.


I am a fan of the layering, you may not be. You can continue to add layers like I did, or you can stop here and add your picture. If you want to continue layering, you need a "lighter" layer. SRM Glassine Bags work awesome for this, they're hearty and can take a beating distress wise, but are airy and perfect for a layer feel. I added some Sticker Stitches/Christmas to the Embossed Glassine Bag. I finished off by overlapping a 3 X 4 punched "card" to the layout as shown.


I am ready to add my picture and some love and bits here and there. ❤ You'll find that SRM's Punched Pieces are a perfect fit. I tucked a tag behind the black, large scallop on the left side.  I have a sweet bit of Bossy Joscie Flair too. The Starbucks logo is actually a red cup cut out and corner rounded, I wrapped it with some Charcoal Twine


All this December Daily needs now is some final touches and journaling. I added some more Peapod twine to the tag and used some clear adhesive to glue it down. I added a punched heart with a foam dot. There's a sweet Santa (We've Got Your Sticker/Christmas) peeking out at you and some sequins for holiday sparkle! I also added some journaling with tiny alphabet stickers. 


Here's a few close ups of the SRM goodness throughout the layout.



Thanks for letting me share part of my December with you! I hope it inspires you to document your December too! ❤

6 comments:

Sheila H said...

Great layering on your cute page :)

~amy~ said...

YES! I love Shannon's work and funny, I totally squirreled away my SB goodie bag yesterday to use in crafting :)

Amy C. said...

I love your style...lots of great layers and textures! The Santa sticker is cute!

Shantaie said...

just gorgeous! I love all those delicious layers and awesome use of the original packaging!

Katie said...

I love the layers! Fun christmas colors too! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Angela said...

Super fun!