Thursday, March 29, 2012

Once Upon a Time by Valerie


Valerie Mangan used our border stickers in such a clever and beautiful way for this layout featuring her daughter. Valerie says, "The little polka dot border strip on the We've Got Your Border (#57003 Baby Girl) sticker sheet is so cute and festive. The dots reminded me of confetti so I cut the strip apart (with the backing still on) and dropped the dots where I thought they'd look best. Once I was sure I had the right arrangement, I got to work sticking them down."


"I mixed in a few hearts from the heart border on the same sheet. I used the same technique of arranging them first then sticking them down. I Also added a sticker from the We've Got Your Sticker 'Princess' sheet - which I used to cover over the words 'bundle of joy' on the yellow border sticker. I chose 'once upon a time' because my daughter is reading a story to her grandfather in this photo."


"Journaling is on the tag in the yellow dotted bag. I cut the word 'love' from the border phrase 'baby love' and made a little tag with it."


SUPPLIES: We've Got Your Border #57003 Baby Girl, We've Got Your Border #57004, Thank You (for the brown & dark yellow dots in the confetti) We've Got Your Sticker #53007 Princess.

6 comments:

~jan said...

There are so many clever little details on this beautiful layout, Val! Love how you used the border stickers in a "non-border" way!

Liz Weber said...

Just an amazing way to use simple border stickers Valerie, love the creativity, love the colours, love the layout design!

~amy~ said...

I simply ADORE Valerie's style.

Carolyn King said...

totally dreamy! love this page. those tiny buttons u added in between phrases was a great touch!

Melanie said...

AWESOME! This is adorable :)

Tamika said...

Awesome layout!